Businesses and offices are looking for ways to keep their team safe and continue to work, especially during the Coronavirus pandemic. One way businesses can do this is through weekly, bi-weekly, or even monthly office disinfection services depending on your shared office’s needs.
Sanitizing and disinfecting offices is just the tip of the iceberg. Companies offering office disinfection services should be able to utilize different types of disinfection to effectively combat viruses.
Here are the different methods used in office disinfection:
Before we talk about the three methods, each method is categorized into two:
1. Chemical Disinfection
Chemical disinfection uses chemicals or liquid solutions to kill viruses. Chemical disinfectants are chemical substances which are used to kill or deactivate pathogenic microorganisms. Popular examples of chemical disinfectants are chlorine and sodium hypochlorite.
2. Mechanical Disinfection
Mechanical disinfection, on the other hand, relies on machines to deliver disinfection. Some examples include UV light and steam.
- Electrostatic Spray Technology
Electrostatics is the process of adding an electric charge inside liquid droplets when they are sprayed. This makes the droplet electrically stronger than the surface or the item it is treating. Just like magnets, they are drawn to each other and attach when one surface is more charged than the other.
The electrostatic spray turns the disinfectant into liquid-charged particles, ensuring the disinfectant is applied evenly and will even wrap around surfaces.
Benefits of Electrostatic technology:
- Spend less time disinfecting all surface and hard-to reach places, compared to traditional methods.
- Prevent the spread of disease-causing viruses such as influenza, Norovirus, MRSA, HIV, and Coronavirus
- Disinfect in a more efficient & controlled manner by reducing wastage
Another way to get rid of germs and viruses is through fogging. Fogging turns the disinfectant into a fine mist and eliminates germs, viruses, fungi, and bacteria within the space. Fogging with hospital-grade disinfectants is generally human-safe and food-safe.
Benefits of fogging:
- Effective in reducing airborne microbial populations (by 2 – 3 log orders)
- It reduces microbial population in horizontal surfaces within 30 to 60 minutes (up to 6 logs)
- It has minimal effect on vertical surfaces and underneath the equipment
- High-Pressure Steam
Some companies which provide office disinfection services use high-pressure steam to disinfect your home and workplace. High-pressure steam has the ability to go deeper into the surface of your mattresses, sofa, upholstery, and more, leaving no virus behind.
Benefits of steam disinfection:
- allows the detergence and disinfection of surfaces in one use.
- saves time and increases the simplicity of biocleaning processes.
- Eco-friendly way of disinfecting, without the use of chemicals
Saniservice offers a total disinfection service for offices and workplace through different methods of surface disinfection.